There’s a lot to do to open a co-op grocery store. We have an organized To-Do list of tasks we need to complete to get there, and have already accomplished some important initial steps:
- We have become a legal entity (incorporated)
- We have a purposeful mission and vision for the co-op
- We have corporate bylaws
- We have recruited dedicated volunteers
- We have secured grant funding to support the important organizing stage of co-op development
- We have recruited 290 member-owners
- We have a hard-working, member-elected Board of Directors
Getting the word out and recruiting more member-owners is at the top of our To-Do list.
We need to see support from the community, people just like you
, through member-ownership to get us to the next stage of cooperative development. As we move forward we will be spreading the word about the Androscoggin Food Co-op in the local media, at local meetings (as COVID allows), and in your neighborhood.
Look for us and ask us, “What’s this I hear about a co-op?” Learn how you can become a member-owner
. Join us in making it possible!